How Does the CPME Designation Work?
The Certified Purchasing Management Expert (CPME) designation program is a self-paced training and certification program on purchasing management fundamentals, industry terms, and best practices. The CPME program is self-study and 100% online. That means you get to set your own pace and take as long as you need.
The Certified Purchasing Management Expert designation covers purchase ordering management, the relationship between IT and purchasing, and the purchasing organization and its structure. The program develops skills that participants need for successfully managing purchases.
To earn the CPME designation:
- Register for the CPME program.
- Purchase the required text book shared in the study guide and syllabus (below), and on the required reading page.
- Go through the materials in the books, videos, and audio resources. With the study guide and mock exam, study for the examination.
- Complete the project, as laid out in the study guide and on the project overview page.
- Schedule an examination by sending in your completed project.
- Score an 50% or higher grade on the examination and project, and earn the CPME designation and certification.
To learn more about the CPME program, here are some helpful downloads:
Most people can complete the program in 3-6 months, but there is no deadline or expiration to your registration. Once you register, you have lifetime access to the online materials and can complete the course at your own speed. With an exam held every month, the CPME can be completed as quickly as you’d like.
Once you enroll, use our audio and video study materials, complete the project laid out in the study guide, and pass our timed online examination, you will earn the CPME certificate. Please find an example of the certificate you will receive upon completion to the right.
Sample Expert Audio Interview: Alison Smith is a coach, speaker, and procurement expert with over 25 years of experience. Alison has been consulting for the last six years of her career looking at best practices in procurement and purchasing. We are honored to have conducted this great audio interview with Alison and we hope you enjoy the recording. (Download this MP3 Audio Recording)
Sample Video Module: When you join the CPME program, you gain access to 18 instructional videos on purchasing management. Here is an example video below:
Purchasing Structures (Download this Video in MP4 Format)