You want to be the most effective and successful purchasing manager you can be. In order to do so you must learn some valuable time managing and efficiency skills to help you be the most successful purchasing manager you can.
Here are 10 things every purchasing manager should do to be the most successful at their jobs.
- Keep a calendar. – Having a calendar can help you better plan and prioritize your tasks. Calendars also help ensure important deadlines are met and appointments are kept.
- Manage distractions. – Distractions are the biggest reason you don’t get more accomplished. Limit your distractions and you will get more done.
- Have office hours. – Office hours give you a chance to let your colleagues approach with you questions or problems while keeping the number of distractions under control.
- Be a good listener. – Listening to your superiors and subordinates can help you succeed.
- Prioritize your tasks. – Prioritizing ensures you get the critical work done first.
- Get up and move. – Making sure you get up and move around keeps you focused and gives your body the necessary boost in energy it needs to make it through the day.
- Remember your personal development. – Remembering to make personal development a priority is important to your overall success.
- Have a good work-life balance. – When you are at work be at work and when you are not, leave work behind. It’s important to have a healthy balance.
- Know your people. – Getting to know your people ensures your team is cohesive and will likely help you earn the respect you need for your team to succeed.
- Take a moment for you. – Taking a moment for you is a positive way to rejuvenate so you can concentration on the tasks at hand when you refocus.
Though some of these may seem intuitive, or even counter-intuitive, being conscious of 10 things can help make you a well-respected, well-rounded, effective purchasing manager.